Fire damages Sevierville apartments

Apr. 08, 2014 @ 11:52 PM

Renters from three apartments were looking for a new home after a fire damaged their home early Monday morning.

Round Top Apartments is a small set of cottages and apartments sitting on a hill on Park Road, not far from the intersection with Eastgate Road. He said the fire appeared to have started near an electrical unit and spread through the roof of the three-apartment complex. All the occupants escaped without injury.

Sevierville spokesman Bob Stahlke said initial investigation by the Sevierville Fire Department also indicated it was an electrical fire.

“It appears the fire started in the three units in an electrical panel in one of those units and then traveled up the wall into the attic,” he said.

The occupants of the three, one-bedroom apartments had already made arrangements to move — one was moving into another vacant apartment, while the other two were staying with family or friends in the area.

The fire damaged several rooms. Hailey said it would probably take several months before he can have them remodeled.

jfarrell@themountainpress.com