City to consider items for new park
When it meets this evening, the Pigeon Forge City Commission will take up a few more items relating to Wear Farm City Park, the Wears Valley Drive facility that is slated to open in March. The items include proposals for the park gate from Stanley Fencing Company, and for a point of sale system from Business Software Solutions.
The new park replaces City Park, which is to be the site of the city's new wastewater treatment facility.
The $8 million facility features baseball and softball fields, a football field, a basketball court, playgrounds, a multipurpose field, a walking trail and picnic shelters.
In other business, the commission will consider:
- Publishing notice of delinquent taxes, penalties and interest for 2011
- Pest control services from Kirkland's Pest Control
- Concession stand supplies from Flash Candy Service and Reinhart Food Service
- Allowing Smoky Mountain Candy Makers to hang 40th Anniversary banners on the Parkway
- Reimbursing Barker Industries for cutting trees on the site of the proposed baseball facility