BOMA to consider condemning land
Where is Carino McMahan?
Today, the Board of Mayor and Aldermen will decide whether to condemn land for sewer rehabilitation in the Allensville Road area. The landowner is named Carino McMahan. So why not just ask McMahan if an easement is OK?
Because no one can find Carino McMahan.
"Rob Tinker and I have used every method we know to locate Mr. McMahan, including Google searches, white page searches, certified and regular mail and telephone calls, but have been unable to locate him," wrote attorney Lanning Wynn in an Oct. 10 letter to Water Department Director Steve Flynn. "It may be necessary for the City of Sevierville to condemn the easement property."
Flynn included the letter with his board memorandum regarding the item of business. "The project is to replace four sewer pump stations with one sewer pump station," Flynn wrote.
The board also will consider:
- The third reading of an ordinance to rezone a North Circle Drive property from M-1, industrial, to R-1, low-density residential
- Applying for Tree City USA and Tree Growth Awards honors
- The purchase of a hydraulic scissor lift for the Facilities Maintenance Division
- A $115,302 contract with Whaley and Sons, Inc., for the Ridge Road slide repair
- Closing roads for the Mountain Mama half marathon and 5K race on May 12, 2013
- Two expenses over $5,000, including $8,526 for ammunition from Craig's Firearms