Plans for new medical facility on agenda
When the Sevierville Regional Planning Commission meets today, it will consider developments near LeConte Medical Center. The meeting begins at 5 p.m. at the Sevierville Civic Center.
One development is a new structure proposed by Smoky Mountain Urgent Care for the corner of Veterans Boulevard and Fox Landing Court, south of Blanton Drive.
"The building would have about 6,500 square feet for a medical office, and around 8,500 square feet for other uses – offices or retail," said interim planning director Judi Forkner.
The commission also will consider the closing of a portion of Medical Park Court, a short street east of Middle Creek Road.
"The proposal would close and abandon the cul-de-sac portion at the very end" of Medical Park Court, said Forkner, who noted that the Sevierville firm Norville & Poe Engineers made the request.
A senior-care facility would go on the site, Forkner said.
In other business, the planning commission will consider:
- The replatting of lots in Creekside Medical Park Courty
- Zoning land annexed for Northview Academy to R-3, high-density residential
- A letter of credit for sewer services at the Sterling Springs development
- A site plan for a commercial building addition on West Mount Road.
The Board of Zoning Appeals, which meets immediately after the planning commission, with the same members, will consider:
- An entrance sign for the Waffle House slated for Nichols Street at Winfield Dunn Parkway
- A setback variance for a landscape strip at the People's Bank