Sevierville approves new ammo contract
At its meeting Monday, the city's Board of Mayor and Aldermen approved a new rifle ammo contract for the police department, after the previous contractor took too long to send the ammo.
In December 2012, the board approved the police department's purchase of ammo from a state contractor, but the contractor hasn't been able to get the ammo yet.
"And they can't even tell us when they'll have it," Chief of Police Don Myers said. "We were first told it should be in within about 6 months, but now the manufacturer is saying it could be as much as a year."
Myers wanted to cancel that order and instead order from J Floyds Golf & Guns, which has the .223 caliber rifle ammo the department needs.
The low bid price is $450 per case, for a total cost of $8,550. The previous state-wide contract no longer has a price.
The board also approved:
- An ordinance to rezone property at Two Rivers Boulevard
- An ordinance to rezone property at Old Newport Highway and Dolly Parton Parkway
- An ordinance to rezone property at Park Road
- An ordinance to annex certain territory at Hidden Mountain Estates
- An ordinance to amend the zoning map to place V-1 upon territory to be annexed by the previous ordinance
- Contracts for Public Works with purchases limited to budgeted amounts
- Contract extensions for Public Works with purchases limited to budgeted amounts
- Five-year paving and sidewalk plans
- Instrumentation Services, Inc. as the sole source vendor for upgrade to SCADA software and hardware
- Turnout gear for the Fire Department
- Several items related to extending or bidding annual supply contracts for the Water and Sewer Department
- FY 2014 purchase of “commodity” products for the Water and Sewer Department
- Sole source providers for items used in the operation of the Water and Sewer Department
- Donation of surplus radio equipment to the Dandridge Fire Department
- Purchase of public safety software from M&M Software in the amount of $31,500
- Transfer and purchase of two vehicles from the Public Building Authority to be utilized by the Public Works Department
- Lease for communications tower site for the Sevier County Sheriff’s Department
- Transfer of all assets and obligations from the Public Building Authority to the city of Sevierville, terminating lease and management agreement for the convention center and golf course, and assigning any contract rights
- Lane closure for a portion of Dolly Parton Parkway, Old Newport Highway and Cherokee Circle for the Pathway Church road race July 20
- Lane closure for one lane of West Main Street for the Citizens National Bank Alzheimer’s road race on Aug. 10
- Expenses in excess of $5,000